Sick with a cold all weekend. Lots of tea, tissues, and naps. And this broth.
A Nourishing Broth
makes 2 servings
- 2 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 inch knob of ginger, peeled and smacked with the flat of your knife
- 1 large garlic glove, smacked with the flat of your knife and peeled
- 6-8 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
In a small sauce pan, add the garlic and ginger to the broth. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the shiitakes and sauté, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms are golden brown.
Remove the garlic and ginger from the broth and pour into a mug. Top with the mushrooms and sliced green onions and feel better.